eBooks and eAudio Books Available Now
Welcome to Burbank Public Library's Magic Wall
Current devices on which eBooks may be loaded:
* All Microsoft devices
* All Apple mobile devices (iPod, iPad, iPhone)
* All Android devices (tablets and phones)
* Kindle Fire
* Nook, Color Nook, Sony or Kobo eReaders
The Magic Wall is where you will find Burbank Public Library's eBooks.
BLIO is the app you will install on your device in order to read your eBook.
Acoustik is the app you will install on your device in order to listen to your audiobook.
Both available in the Apple App Store if iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices.
How to check out eBooks and eAudio books with your Burbank Library card and PIN:
- Visit the Burbank Public Library's MAGIC WALL and click on the LOG IN link at the top right corner of the screen. Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Browse or search for eBooks or audio books at the MAGIC WALL and select up to 5 items for checkout. Click on CHECK OUT NOW for a 14-Day checkout of your titles.
- Select the green CONFIRM CHECKOUT link at the bottom of your page.
- Login with your Blio ID -- if you don't have a Blio ID, select the CREATE NEW BLIO ACCOUNT at the bottom of the login screen and then login.
- Open your Blio app and tap on the book cover to start reading.
- Enjoy your eBooks. For more information call 818-238-5580.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Is my device compatible?
A: Cloud-based delivery allows for use on iOS, Android, and Windows tablets and smartphones.
Q: How can I load Blio on my Kindle Fire?
A: Instructions for Kindle Fire. (not compatible with Kindle) .
Q: How can I read Burbank Public Library eBooks on my Nook (Color Nook, Sony or Kobo)?
A: Instructions for a Nook.
Q: Can I return an eBook early?
A: Titles cannot be returned early as they are set to expire automatically.
Q: How long is my checkout period?
A: The option CHECKOUT NOW loans the title for 14 days, while ADD TO CHECKOUT LIST allows you to shrink your checkout period to as few as 3 days.
Q: Can I renew an eBook?
A: Titles cannot be renewed, but they can be checked out again after they expire, provided they are still available.
To find more sources for free eBooks, please click here.